The wall décor you choose for your home or office says a lot about your style and personality. But you don’t have to spend a fortune to find beautiful, high-quality wall art! There are many affordable options for cheap wall art that can completely transform the look and feel of a room.
In this Nousdecor article, I’ll share some of my favorite ideas, tips, and places to find Discount Wall Art Decor that looks far more expensive than it truly is. Keep reading for an in-depth guide on inexpensive wall décor and how you can use it to upgrade your walls on a budget!
- Cheap stores like Wayfair and Target offer stylish wall art and decor at low prices.
- DIY art projects using canvas, wood, paper, and other materials create one-of-a-kind pieces on the cheap.
- Styling inexpensive finds in creative ways elevates the look of budget-friendly wall decor.
- Choosing the right sizes and framing for cheap art helps it look more high-end.
- Sales, coupons, clearance racks, and buying online provide more opportunities to save.
Discount Wall Art Decor Ideas
Looking for unique cheap wall decor ideas that go beyond basic prints and photos? Here are some of my favorite budget-friendly options for adding artful flair to your space:
DIY Wall Art
Crafting your own word wall art using colorful paper, chalkboard paint, or vinyl lettering allows you to decorate with custom phrases and your favorite words for a fraction of the cost of pre-made pieces. DIYm butterfly wings made from wood, canvas, or scrapbook paper create whimsical accent walls any nature lover would adore.
Think outside the box for your wall art materials. For example, decorate with metal wall hangings made from old utensils, license plates, and other found objects. Wall art felt decoration offers a soft, tactile alternative to traditional art that’s easy to DIY.
Bring nature indoors by framing pressed leaves and flowers or displaying tree-inspired wall art designs with branches, wood slices, or leaf prints. Dried botanicals like palms, ferns, and grasses also make artsy, affordable wall hangings.
Gallery walls composed of several smaller, low-cost pieces create the look of high-end collected art for less like tropical Florida wall decor. Mix and match inexpensive store finds flea market purchases, framed photos, and a few DIY touches.
Where to Shop for New Affordable Wall Decor
You don’t have to resign yourself to blah basic prints when decorating on a budget. Here are some of my favorite stores to browse for stylish inexpensive wall art:
Check the new wall art and home decor sections of Target, Walmart, IKEA, and other department stores. You can often find trendy prints, canvas art, mirrors, and wall sculptures for under $50.
Home Goods Stores
Stores like HomeGoods, Ross, Marshall’s, and TJ Maxx offer an ever-changing selection of framed prints, canvas art, wall hangings, mirrors, and metal or wood wall art marked way down from typical retail prices.
Websites like Wayfair and Overstock have new expansive wall art sections with frequent sales and special deals that you’ll love. You can score large wall art for a fraction of the regular price if you catch a good promotion or flash sale.
Treasure hunt at Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity ReStores, and other thrift shops for cheap framed art and vintage wall decorations. This is a good spot to find unique pieces like oil painting landscapes or ornate gold frames.
Styling Cheap Wall Art Like a Pro
Scoring stylish wall art at bargain prices is just the first step. Follow these design tips to elevate the look of your inexpensive finds:
- Mix pricey-looking frames like wood, metal, or faux-gilded with budget art prints and photos to make the whole display look more upscale.
- Choose the right size art for the space. Oversized pieces make a big impact for little money. Go smaller in tight spaces to prevent a cluttered look.
- Inject visual interest with texture and color. Hang macrame wall hangings next to painted wood carvings and nature prints to add depth.
- Thoughtfully arrange gallery walls. Combine similar-colored frames and art types for a polished effect. Hang pieces at varying heights for more interest.
- Light it up. Use track lights or picture lights to draw attention to standout thrifty finds. Well-lit art looks instantly grander.
Inexpensive Wall Decor Ideas for Every Room
Not sure where to add thrifty wall art in your home? Here are budget-friendly wall decorating ideas for popular rooms:
- A gallery wall of assorted framed art surrounding your TV adds visual flair to the focal point of the room.
- Large wall art like oversized nature photography makes a big living room style statement at an inexpensive price point.
- Bold abstract painting brings an artistic, modern wall art for homes vibe to lounge spaces and complements sleek decor.
- Create instant ambiance in your dining space with a collection of inexpensive oil painting food and drink art.
- An eye-catching oversized wall clock accents a bare dining room wall with affordable industrial flair.
- Framed botanical prints at thrift store prices bring refreshing greenery to eat-in kitchens and dining nooks.
- Picture frames filled with colorful patterned or printed fabric make cheap, custom art for bedrooms.
- Arrange fashion magazine tear sheets and framed photos in an inspiring artistic collage over your dresser.
- Add whimsy with a budget-friendly gallery wall of inexpensive mirrors.
- Free printable art with inspirational quotes, words, and phrases classes up plain home office walls.
- Choose affordable wall decor with meaningful themes like maps, books, or nature to stay focused.
- Frame kids’ artwork or calendar pages to make your workspace feel more personal.
Frequently Asked Questions
With a bit of planning and creativity, you can decorate your walls with beautiful, stylish art even on a limited budget. Take advantage of inexpensive stores, online deals, DIY projects, and secondhand finds to score unique wall art at wallet-friendly prices. Use framing, arrangements, and lighting to elevate cheap pieces so they feel upscale.
The possibilities for affordable wall décor are endless, so you can easily achieve any look you want without overspending. Use these tips to finally give your bare walls the personal, artistic flair they deserve – all while sticking to your decor budget.